Responder

Opções do Tópico Modos de Exibição
Antigo 05-04-2010, 11:39
MRS MRS está offline
Fundador

Data de Entrada: Sep 2008
Padrão Hans Mezger:Porsche and me

Product Description

The autobiography of Porsche’s most talented engineer. Hans Mezger joined Porsche in 1956 and within a few years was responsible for the design of both the early 1960s F1 engine and subsequently led the design of the six cylinder 911 engine. In 1965 he became head of the new race design office under the charismatic Ferdinand Piëch. Mezger led the development of all the iconic race prototypes of the 1960s, climaxing in the unforgettable 917 program. He was a principal contributor to all sixteen of Porsche’s victories in the famed Le Mans 24 Hours. When the McLaren-TAG F1 team came to Porsche for a turbo engine in the 1980s, he led the design and development that resulted in three consecutive F1 constructors’ titles. This personal account of a dedicated and loyal Porsche engineer will touch every enthusiast's heart and underline why the name of Porsche is so respected todaytobiography of Porsche’s most talented engineer. Hans Mezger joined Porsche in 1956 and within a few years was responsible for the design of both the early 1960s F1 engine and subsequently led the design of the six cylinder 911 engine. In 1965 he became head of the new race design office under the charismatic Ferdinand Piëch. Mezger led the development of all the iconic race prototypes of the 1960s, climaxing in the unforgettable 917 program. He was a principal contributor to all sixteen of Porsche’s victories in the famed Le Mans 24 Hours. When the McLaren-TAG F1 team came to Porsche for a turbo engine in the 1980s, he led the design and development that resulted in three consecutive F1 constructors’ titles. This rickly personal account of a dedicated and loyal Porsche engineer will touch every enthusiast's heart and underline why the name of Porsche is so respected today.

Book Description

The autobiography of Porsche’s most talented engineer. Responsible for the 1960s F1 program, the first 911 production engine, leader of the famed 1960s Race Design office that turned out the legendary 917s, the man behind all sixteen of Porsche’s Le Mans wins and the three F1 constructors’ titles with McLaren Tag in the 1980s. This is a remarkable and very personal account of life at Porsche from the 1950s to the 1990s.

Imagens Anexadas
Tipo de Arquivo: jpg 1906712085_01__SL160_PE37_OU01_SCLZZZZZZZ_V216587760_.jpg (8,4 KB, 271 visitas)
Responder com Quote
Antigo 05-04-2010, 14:59
zico zico está offline
Fundador

Padrão

Um dos maiores nomes de sempre da história da Porsche. Já estive muitas vezes tentado a escrever aqui umas coisas sobre ele, mas acabou por não se proporcionar. No final do ano passado foi homenageado pelos seus 80 anos e fizeram-lhe uns emblemas dos mais bonitos que já vi.
Este livro é imperdível, claro.
Imagens Anexadas
Tipo de Arquivo: jpg 1.jpg (98,1 KB, 0 visitas)
Tipo de Arquivo: jpg 2.jpg (97,3 KB, 0 visitas)
Tipo de Arquivo: jpg 3.jpg (97,6 KB, 0 visitas)
Antigo 05-04-2010, 15:51
MRS MRS está offline
Fundador

Padrão

Esqueci-me de referir que o livro só sai a 15 de Abril.Ainda não está á venda ,portanto.

MRS
Responder com Quote
Antigo 06-04-2010, 0:22
Fuchs Fuchs está offline
Fundador

Local: Lisboa
Padrão

Citação:
Tópico Aberto originalmente por MRS Ver Mensagem
Esqueci-me de referir que o livro só sai a 15 de Abril.Ainda não está á venda ,portanto.

MRS
Provavelemente um pouco mais tarde. Comecou para ser anunciado para Fev depois para Maio e agora:

Porsche and me
Hans Mezger
An autobiography with Peter Morgan

Target publication date Summer 2010
ISBN 978 1 906712 08 02
Hardback with dust jacket, (est.) 208 pages with (est) 200 photos
Size: 10 inches by 10 inches by 0.75 inches thick. Est weight: 2lb 7oz
Target retail price £39.95
Antigo 06-04-2010, 15:53
Rambo Rambo está offline
Membro RS

Data de Entrada: Apr 2009
Local: O.Azemeis
Padrão

Digamos que é um dos principais responsáveis da nossa doença..
Responder com Quote
Antigo 18-05-2010, 10:50
Ace Ace está offline
Fundador

Padrão

Acabo de ser notificado de mais um atraso na publicação.

Parece estar a ter um parto difícil, agora parece que só para Setembro .

Para as expectativas iniciais (inicialmente ficou de me ser enviado a 23 de Fevereiro) não encontro justificação para tamanha demora.

? Será que houve problemas com os rapazes do lápis azul ?
Responder com Quote
Antigo 18-05-2010, 11:44
zico zico está offline
Fundador

Padrão

Citação:
Tópico Aberto originalmente por Ace Ver Mensagem

? Será que houve problemas com os rapazes do lápis azul ?
Chamaste?
Imagens Anexadas
Tipo de Arquivo: jpg apagador_para_lousa_magnetica_madeira_01 copy.jpg (69,3 KB, 1 visitas)
Antigo 21-05-2010, 0:02
Proenca Proenca está offline
Membro Cappuccino

Data de Entrada: Dec 2008
Local: Portugal
Padrão

Bom topico e já esta na minha wishlist da Amazon.... .)

911-996 Turbo, Lapis Blue
Responder com Quote
Antigo 18-06-2010, 22:16
Fuchs Fuchs está offline
Fundador

Local: Lisboa
Padrão

Mais um atraso. Agora anunciado para fins de 2010.

Porsche and me
Hans Mezger
An autobiography with Peter Morgan

Target publication date late 2010
ISBN 978 1 906712 08 02
Hardback with dust jacket, (est.) 208 pages with (est) 200 photos
Size: 10 inches by 10 inches by 0.75 inches thick. Est weight: 2lb 7oz
Target retail price £39.95

E uma nota do autor (Peter Morgan)
Hans Mezger autobiography update

May 12 2010
I’ve been working with Hans for the past two years on his autobiography and as you may have noted, there has been a delay in the publication. We had planned to publish his absorbing and riveting account of life at Porsche from the mid-1950s by December last year, but for one reason and another, that publication schedule has slipped.
The reasons are several. Hans celebrated his 80th birthday late last year and he has become the subject of considerable media interest, particularly in Germany (where he is rightly regarded as one of their most influential automobile engineers of the 20th century). He has continually amazed me how sharp is memory is and there is no doubt that the recent significant journalist interest in his career has helped to trigger memories that we didn’t catch on our first round of interviews for the book. This particularly applies to the development of the 917, which, as many of you know, he was design leader. I don’t think I will be breaking any confidences to say that his health has required several visits to the pits in the past few months, and it is important to say he is still lapping strongly.
The bottom line is that I’m probably going to have to go to Germany again in June to help wrap up the key chapters (on the 917 and the TAG turbo) and generally ‘put the manuscript to bed’. We both appreciate the importance of trying to get this memorable work published before Christmas 2010. At this stage, I can’t make any promises as to a firm publication date, but I will do so just as soon as I have the final manuscript – agreed and updated by Hans – in my hands.
This is going to be a landmark book for anybody interested in motorsport in the 1950-1970s and for those interested in Porsche’s history. I’ve made a large number of visits to Hans in the past two years and I can say that we’re both very committed to making sure the end result is the best we can do – whatever time it takes and whatever it costs. I can tell you that our distributors worldwide are tearing their hair out because we have so many back orders, but all I can say is that Hans is absolutely resolute that his book will be like the 917 itself – an unbeatable result! It’s been a real privilege to work with an engineer who has such a fantastic recall, doesn’t seek the limelight and who is such a down to earth family man. It’s not difficult to see why Ferry Porsche appreciated him so much.
If there is any more breaking news on the book, you will read it here first.

Peter Morgan
Antigo 18-06-2010, 22:49
bg2 bg2 está offline

Data de Entrada: Oct 2008
Padrão

está como o Gran Turismo 5..........
Responder com Quote
Responder

Permissões